Sunday 14 June 2009

How much do YOU know about beards?

A few things to write about today... first of all, the exhibition in the Wee Red Lounge has finished, and went very well! My next exhibition is on Sunday 21st June, at the Gibson Street Gala, in Glasgow, which isn't a very long way away if you live in Edinburgh but if you're reading this from Zanzibar you should probably book your flights now.

Walking around the city I realised how many people have beards, and what a variety of beards there are; the "Seducing les femmes" beards, the "I play in a band" beards, the "I'm your Dad", and even the "I've been stuck on a tropical island for the last 14 years" beards. Have you ever given this much thought to beards? No you haven't. But I bet you wish you knew more.




So I've made a very little book on this exact subject, which is available from Analogue books at the top of the Grassmarket, and can be bought for the very reasonable price of £1.50 (I've only just figured out that Ctrl+B makes bold, I'm going to use and abuse it until the novelty wears off),



So next time you see a Class 3 beard, you'll know exactly what to do

1 comment:

  1. (from kathy dale, tarland)
    dear james - just picked up this wonderful little guide in hilltrek. i do think it needs another class though. dave's beard fits class 2 insofar as it is found on a man who has spent so much of his life doing exciting things that he has forgotten to shave; however, he is really too lazy to shave. he only trims it when it gets itchy. so how about class 2a, which is on a man who does exciting things but doesn't want to be inhibited from doing these things by itchiness. you may think dave's beard is a class 1 but i can assure you it definitely isn't. keep up the good work, kathy

    ReplyDelete